Monday, February 27, 2006
Here is the one I was so desperately trying to finish. But she won't let me rush her so I have to give up the idea of entering her in the Fibre Festival. Although the body parts were finished I did not have a head pattern drawn so I had to do that and didn't have the time to test it. I am rather surprised that it turned out so good but not too happy the way I stitched it on to the body. I could have done better.Besides life keeps intruding so I know I won't be able to finish her in time. I will see how she evolves now. Got a few ideas germinating in my mind. I have used coconut shell for her skirt part. I am going to try apoxy sculpt on it. Lets see where she will take me now.
Judi thanks for the encouraging comments about my embroidary. I thought I would be able to do it easily in a net fabric since it has holes already but it was not that easy, even though I used the solu web or the backing that is used for sheer fabrics. Not sure what it is called over there. It is great stuff just dissolves in cold water once you have done the embroidary