Thursday, February 23, 2006

Fibre Festival Contest

Well after Judi said she is doing a doll for the Contest. I remembered that I too have half a doll lying somewhere if only I could get my hands on it! So last night I went frantically searching for the body parts everywhere. Wooo hooo what joy I found it and wonder of wonders I even have 2 arms and 2 legs and the body all stitched up. I was thinking I may need to draft the hands and legs and to stitch them.  Now I am thinking perhaps I should try submitting a doll for this competition. I need to get my skates on though. Actually all I need to do is stuff her and try to get her all made up the way I want it. Oh I do need to  stitch a face. I will try and do it this weekend. If I can't do it I will have to let Janie know. Suddenly I am all inspired! Judi  you inspired me. This is going to be a fun project. I want to try something new. And even if I am not able to enter the contest I will be glad to get back to my dolls. I have been away far too long

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my friend, I am so excited about your new doll. I can really sense your thrill and inspiration. So glad that you are finally getting back to your dolls, after all that time away from them. Creating is so soothing and makes one so happy doesn't it? Oh, I can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

I've got to dash now, I have some paperwork to get ready for a flat visit for little Sis (she's still at work at the hospital right now). But I HAD to thank you for your wonderful email. Yes I really COULD feel your gentle hugs.

Many hugs back! And have fun with your doll :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, Shashi! You go, girl! I know Janie would be happy to have your doll! Plus, you can sell it, so you could save on shipping! (Well, at least get your shipping refunded). Can't wait to see what you create - I love ALL your dolls!