Thursday, August 18, 2005

Back home!!

I am back and well and truely inspired by all the doll artists I met up with. I attended 2 work shops one was for a clown on a bike and the other to make fairy wings with apoxy sculpt. The teachers were fantastic I will upload some pictures when I get my home computer working.In the meantime here is one of my dolls that won a prize from Pamela the Gypsy and I am so thrilled about it. I won $50 dollers and was able to spend it all in her super duper wonderful shop.



One of my friends also fell in love with my Italian Challenge Doll. So she stayed behind with her.





This doll was made for the Italian Challenge in which we were to use the Italian flag tricolour fabrics and some trims which we got in a the kit. We were to use the Italian map and the islands as the pattern to make a doll. So this is what I made The arms and the purse are the two islands and the main body the Italian map. Oh again I will get a better picture once my home computer is all set up.

I have so much to tell you all but am so frustrated at the moment because the computer at home is not up and running.
So for now will have to just wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to see you back Shashi. Glad to know you had a wonderful time and congratulations on your prize! Those two dolls are wonderful!

Making a doll from the Poppy Fairy is such a great idea. Poppies are my favourite flowers.

I'm afraid you'll be disappointed on seeing my dolls. They'll be very ordinary dolls. For the UNICEF I need to take a pre-made basic pattern. I am simply in awe of your wonderful work! You are a true artist.

Anonymous said...

Shashi -
You're home again! Yay! Sounds like everyone had a great time at EDAC - can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. Love the dolls - is the big one a Patti pattern? She's lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love the two dolls...they are so pretty. Wonderful house!!