Wednesday, August 24, 2005

At last some pictures

At last I am able to show you some pictures of my new house and garden. Oops sorry that is some of my dolls and me taken just before we left our old house.



This my new house the back view.



This my new house the back view.




Back garden with pond.

I think that is enough of my garden will show you my craft room once I get things sorted out indoors. At the moment it seems like a railway station! There is a front garden as well but didn't get round to taking pictures from the street.

I am busy stitching up my kits for the up coming doll classes that I am going to give in India. Have to burn the midnight lamp as I am leaving on the 2nd for India.
This is what it looks like.



I am sewing up about 15 of these body parts and making a kit which I will give the students when they register for the classes. I am looking forward to it. I hope to include in the kit, stuffing tool, some beads and trims for them to get started. The pattern as well. Hopefully there will be more budding doll artists born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new house is great! Wow!
I loved that first picture of you with your dolls... Oh my.
Do you put wire into your dolls so they keep their upright positions?

How much are you selling those kits Shashi? I'm not sure I could afford it but I'd be curious to know though :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, lovely house. I so love proper gardens, I can't wait to see what it looks like next spring/summer when everything should be in bloom. Good idea to have a basic body sewn - cuts down the tedious work (except for YOU!) and allows your students to learn the stuffing/sculpting and have the joy of dressing and embellishing. Can't wait to see what they make!