Monday, November 21, 2005
I am having a lot of fun creating the costume for my Wacky Fairy but not so Wacky after all . I wanted a certain green tulle but couldn't get any so decided to dye it with acrylic colours then I painted it with some glitter and I have now shred it a bit at the bottom. The result was lots of bits of tulle with glitter on it. So I thought I was not going to throw it away as I literally covered myself as well with glitter while painting it LOL! So now I glow whenever I touch her. A pity it doesn't show up well in the picture. Since I can still see her legs through the skirt I stuck all these bits to the skirt and added a few beads here and there. It does give a nice texture to it. I am also going to add some more bits to the skirt to make it a bit more interesting. We were talking about colour of doll eyes in Fabricdollart and I said I usually make green eyes but for this doll for some reason I made blue eyes and I am dressing her with green LOL!
Sometime ago I got some strange green rubbery shredded stuff from a model shop. Thought it might come in use sometime. This doll is crying out for it but I can't find it. I remember tucking it away but again like many things in my house at the moment I can't find it!! So I went and bought some more yarn which I think will work for what I have in mind.
House is totally disorganised again as we are having a new kitchen put in. Looks like it is going to take weeks grrrr.....