Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Life is rough

They say bad things come in threes well I have to hope and pray they don't. In a space of a few days we have had 2 tragedies in the family. 2 of my close cousins passed away in two different road accidents. I feel really low at the moment. Want to get back home to my space and curl up.

My classes went off well although the attendance was poor. The ladies who came were very enthusiastic and thrilled to have made a doll. If I am able to get even one person to start making dolls I will consider it a success. But at the present moment I am having second thoughts about teaching in Madras. I think people are still not ready for this kind of art. There is no desire in the part of people to make the effort to come to a class like this and they seem to take it very lightly.

However I am not going to give up. I am hoping to do an exhibition in Bombay and Delhi sometime this year. Hope to teach there I am told people are artistically more mature over there we shall see! I perhaps will also do an on line class but I am going to have to start putting a price for all of it as it is really not worth my while as I have to put so much of effort and time and money into a dollmaking class and people don't seem to appreciate that.

Thanks for all your comments and Heera good to see that you have a blog now as well. I hope you will show some of your dolls soon. I see how you are growing in your dollmaking. It is so amazing isn't it when you look back to see where you started and where you are now.

Zoanna, please do whatever you want to with the fabrics I don't mind. Whatever project you do with them will be fine with me after all they still are going to a charity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your cousins.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry about the loss of your cousins. Will be praying for your comfort.

As for the fabric, thanks for your blessing to use it however I want for charity. I am probably going to work the kiwi green fabric into a baby quilt I'm making for Warm the World. I'm callingit Rainbows over Romania. It'll be very bright. I was trying to use ONLY scraps from my Katrina Kits, but had nothing that bright in the greens that wasn't also stretchy.
I have fond memeories of Richard Wurmbrand, a Christian who suffered 14 years under Communist rule in Romania in solitary confinement. He was tortured for his faith. He wrote a couple of books, and one is called, "If that were Christ, Would You Give Him your Blanket." In memory of him and his impact, I want to send a blanket to a cold child in Romania.