Thursday, July 21, 2005

Felting experience


I found it at last. This is a small piece I hand felted. http://www.allfiberarts.com/library/felt/blfelt.htm As per instruction I laid the fibres on top of each other. First layer horizontal then the second layer vertically over it, soaked the fibres with warm soapy water and rubbed it gently in a circular motion. I added some angelina fibres to give it sparkle. I was trying for flimsy texture of felt with holes in some places so I laid the fibres in a thin layer and did not bother covering up the holes. However I did not get the result I wanted. The felt was not so flimsy but not altogether displeased with the results either. I have got plenty of ideas floating in my head as to how I am going to use it to embellish my doll. Should be fun.

No comments: